Permanent – Full Time
Andrea Brace, CPA is a Public Accounting Firm that is growing and is looking for a Manager to join our team and grow with the company.
To be successful as a Manager with the firm, you should be client oriented and have good interpersonal and social skills and an ability to teach and be teachable. A high-performing Manager should also be excellent with the use of accounting software and MS Office Suite, especially Excel. We are looking for an individual who is detail-oriented, highly organized, self-motivated, a team player who can work with no supervision and perform under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
You must have a solid practical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and robust financial analysis skills. You must have accounting experience including year-end file preparation, corporate and personal tax returns, payroll, GST and other government reports.
- Prepare and review Compilation engagements including financial statements and tax returns
- Prepare and review Personal tax returns
- Oversee and manage the bookkeeping department and review payroll, payables, receivables, and government compliance (GST, PST, Worksafe BC) etc.
- Identify training opportunities for staff and mentor them to reach their goals
- Oversee and manage office workflows
- Work closely with clients and provide them with solutions and advise
- Research various tax issues and provide analysis
- CPA designation or working towards a CPA designation
- At least 5 years’ experience in a public practice accounting firm
- Practical knowledge of tax laws and GAAP
- Experience with Sage 50, QuickBooks Online, and other accounting software
- Experience with CaseWare, iFirm, TaxPrep
- Flexible hours
- Casual atmosphere
- Room to grow with the Firm
- Competitive salary
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com